Getting the perfect body we want can be time consuming, not to mention a little bit costly. Though diet and exercise remains to be the best and healthiest ways to achieve those coveted curves, this can take time and sometime be frustrating. This is probable the reason why liposuction and non-surgical liposuction treatments are increasing in popularity.
With the booming industry of cosmetic surgeries, the search for the perfect figure has become easier. If you are one of the brave souls who are willing to go under the knife to enhance you looks then liposuction is right up your alley. It is an effective procedure that uses surgery to remove large amounts of fat deposits.
Liposuction for a fact can be very expensive. However, the possibility of removing large amounts of fat deposits quickly can be very attractive. It still has its drawbacks. This can result to unwanted complications and side effects such as limited mobility, allergic reactions, fluid imbalance, lidocaine toxicity, and even burns.
This has left many people thinking twice about liposuction. Hence, the search for non-surgical liposuction alternatives. Weight loss treatments that can provide them with the same quality without the risks and complications. And one of these alternatives to liposuction is the mesotherapy.
A Quick Look into Mesotherapy
Mesotherapy is widely considered as one of the more popular alternatives to liposuction. This treatment can be used to help remove stubborn cellulite deposits and help improve overall weight. It can also be used for body contouring as well as in face and neck rejuvenation.
This weight loss procedure was developed way back in 1952 by a certain French doctor, Dr. Michel Pistor. This treatment was originally used to treat vascular and infectious diseases, improve circulation and help in sports injury recovery. Mesotherapy works by administering FDA approved medications (aminophylline and Novocain) along with several vitamins and plant extracts.
Advantages of Mesotherapy over Liposuction Surgery include:
- The procedure does not require you to undergo general anesthesia.
- Mesotherapy improves blood flow and circulation on the area of treatment.
- It is basically an out-patient procedure, so you can go after the procedure is done.
- The treatment helps relieve muscle spasms.
- With proper diet and lifestyle regime, it will give you long lasting results.
- Aside from fat reducing abilities, it also helps you reduce wrinkles and cellulites.
- It is best if you want to have a well-sculpted body.
Though Mesotherapy does have a considerable share of advantages, there are also quite a number of disadvantages that comes with treatment.
During and after the procedure, you can feel a burning sensation.
- Visible bruising on the part of the treatment area.
- Redness and swelling occurs.
- Permanent swelling or lump may occur.
- Allergic reactions to the medications injected may occur.
- There is the presence of inflammation on the skin and tissues.
- The risk of infection is also possible.